• 1/23/13

741: Audio Vault Fail

Quite a spirited one today, with $ecret Marc, lip synchery, the town of zit and and some very rare tape.

Today’s show is brought to you by the TMOS Amazon Page.

13 Comments on 741: Audio Vault Fail

1. RDL esq says:

Preach Mike!!! Ef Guns!!!

2. C Bobb says:

Mike — Excellent rant! You’re absolutely correct about publishing the crime scene photos. Keep on hammering the Wayniacs.

3. Chris Kilcourse says:

TMOS team,
      What a great opening to the show and an impationed finish by Mike. I married into a staunch, right-winged ranching family where gun ownership is the norm. I have had the, testosteroned-laced pleasure of target shooting with some high-powered rifles. Like riding a big Harley Hog, it is a rush. However, with that rush comes with a high degree of personal responsibility. I respect my inlaws because safety is always number one when it comes to guns. Their guns are single-load weapons and are kept securily, unloaded, with trigger locks in locked cabinets. My father-in-law and brother-in-law, both card-carrying NRA members, have always respected the power and the ultimate destructive capability of firearms. We were all heartbroken at the school tragedy in New Jersey. The continued gun violence at the hands of the mentally ill, gang-fueled, etc., needs to be stifled. Even though I don’t have a gun in my house, I, along with my inlaws, have preached gun safety to my to adolescent sons. Their grandfathers, one a marksman in the U.S. Marines and Army and the other, a WWII and Korean Vet have been instrumental in explaining the correct usage for guns. Mike. your rant during Buzz’s news segmant was justified and , in my opinion, very welcomed. Please understand that I agree with you 100% that there needs to be control. You really are a voice of reason that is being broadcast to the world. Thank you and keep on the good fight,
      Chris Kilcourse

4. Molly says:

You wanna talk about a diva,Mike? It was reported that Aretha Franklin didn’t attend Whitney Houston’s funeral because of illness-later, reports claimed that she had a concert that evening, & had to rest her throat-why don’t celebrities who claim to be so close to the family tell the truth for a change? Or maybe her camp wanted to twist the truth for sympathy? Either way, it’s annoying!

5. Angie says:

I’ve listened to the Obama speech about 10 times and it just gets funnier every time. SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN!!!

6. Larry Fine says:

Two things.

First, Beyoncé wasn’t lip syncing:

Second, thanks to both Mike and Buzz for their frank comments on gun control and the Sandy Hook shooting. Well said.

7. Albuquerque Tony Kornheiser says:

Hey, Mike. I like it when you get political and are passionate. You always have a strong and intriguing take whether I agree or not.

That’s what makes the show great IMO: there is a great balance of silliness and and passion on all things topical.

Keep up the good work, all of you!

8. Albuquerque Tony Kornheiser says:

After typing all of that (above) I can’t help but wonder if anyone but Mark reads these comments.

9. Dave from Devil Town says:

Dear Mike,
      About your gun rant, Thank You. You are, by no means, the only one who feels that way. I think one of the reason the gun folks are so crazied is they know they’re wrong, but they want their toys anyway.It’s guilt. They love using their “Red Dawn” fantasies as justification.

10. Asp R. Gus says:

Wow Marc, that’s some even-handed, fair and balanced moderating. I’m sure no one had anything negative to say about Mike’s fifth identical rant about how all guns are bad and the 2nd amendment is crap. I’m sure no one said anything about how the show is better when it doesn’t get political, or how Mike can’t have an actual discussion about anything without stooping to name calling and standard elementary school playground debate tactics. I’m sure every last comment was complementary, and you posted them all. Keep up the good work.

• Marc says:

Assp R. Gus,

Read carefully and you’ll see that differences of opinions are welcome. People attacking the show with hate are not.

• JB says:

I disagree, Marc. I made a post stating that I feel there should at least be SOME differing opinion booked on the show, and that was deleted. The only other thing I said in that post was that for the first time ever, I turned the show off. That isn’t expressing hate, because obviously I’m still listening. I simply wanted to explain that I’m a huge fan and not thin skinned enough to let the rave-outs bother me. Sorry for any typos, I’m on my phone.