• 9/11/12

656: Lest We Forget

Today we remember 9/11 eleven years after…plus, where is the new TV and Mike hates the meanies.

Today’s show is brought to you by: Lending Tree

12 Comments on 656: Lest We Forget

1. Vasya says:

Let’s get Gary Johnson into the presidential debates. http://www.garyjohnson2012 Live Free!!

2. Dan says:

Egos are a great way to yet again mask and cover up greed and greedy agendas :)

3. Joe Salvia says:

Robb, The South Tower collapsed at 9:59 a.m., less than an hour after being hit by the hijacked airliner, and at 10:28 a.m. the North Tower collapsed. Just a small correction.

Mike, Buzz, Oscar and Robb, When I first began working in 1969 in doentown Manhattan the North Tower iron was finished to the 40th floor, and clad in stainless to the 20th floor. The South Tower was just the street level, only sub-street level iron work. I watched the towers being built, worked briefly in the north tower. I live and work outside of the city and to date still can not believe I saw happened. I have visited the Memorial – very eerie.

4. Susan says:

I began my day as I have every September 11th since 2008, listening to the Don & Mike Show’s 9/11 broadcast. It was an amazing piece of journalism and one that stands up even today. I will never think of 9/11 without thinking of Don, Mike, Buzz and Robb and how you brought both calm and empathy to an unimaginable series of events. Thank you!

5. Joe Salvia says:

MIKE – you are right about the Yankee Broadcasters. John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman SUCK big time. I am a die hard Yankee Fan since 1955, and these guys are the freaking worst. On my drive home if there are both YAnkee & Met games on I listen to the Met Broadcasters on radio rather than these 2 DOUCHE NOZZLES! They are the absolute most incompetent idiots to ever talk on an open microphone.

6. Patty says:

I listened to you 9/11/2001 (as I have every day for many many years) and you guys were amazing.

7. sdirtyracer says:

I was on my way to work this morning and as I drove by the fire station, I saw the flag at half mast. It instantly brought tears to my eyes thinking back on that day. Listening to you gentlemen tell us what was going on when you were there brought back a lot of memories of the news reports. I remeber how scared we were as a country and how we stood up together as a country. I pray for the people who lost loved ones and thank god for the ones who protect us today. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!

8. Fred from Rappahannock says:

Mike, Buzz, and Robb; during those terrible days of September, eleven years ago now, you guys did the best work of your careers, easily the equals of Murrow and Cronkite. God Bless you all and all those who were lost on that terrible day.

9. Tom Servo says:

This was a great show. Thank you.

10. Laura T. Howard says:

Oh Robb (a la Laura Petrie) – you totally made me cry with your airport hugs. I cannot watch or listen to 9/11 shows because it still hurts too much. Despite that…
      Thank you to all of you for this wonderful show!