• 8/17/12

641: Some Serious Clampetts Here

Friday with a Boss review, thoughts on Mitch Romney, 50 Shades of Suck and Robb takes a phone survey.  Have a GREAT weekend!

This episode of The Mike O’Meara Show is a service of Northern Virginia Community College’s Workforce Development Division. Like ‘em on Facebook!

11 Comments on 641: Some Serious Clampetts Here

1. Wes in ABQ says:

Good Lord, that’s an ugly woman. I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Hooray!

2. Sue says:

50 shades of grey is soooooooooo boring. I cant get through it. It is a romance novel with sex in it. Give me Stephen King please.

3. uncle hector says:

This opening is for the birds.

4. Dave says:

Great open but I believe the show title should be Really Wonky and The Chocolate Factory!

5. Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin says:

Who DOESN’T know of Cameron Gray, the airportparking.com magnate?

6. Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin says:

Mike, you’re a bit underinformed about how the system works and why. Different types of income are taxed at different rates. The issue with Obama’s transcripts is whether or not he was registered as a foreign student.

The uninformed ranting detracted from what was otherwise a great show. Party on!

• six_ball says:

Mike was right…one of the problems that the schmuck on the (R) line is going to have is convincing good, hard working Americans (a group he needs if he desires to win the election) that 13% income tax is a reasonable rate for a rich bitch to pay. It starts to sound like the Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy…and it appears that Mitch DEFINITELY knows where his towel is.

• LaVikinga says:

An educated voting populace understands the 13% taxation is upon income from dividends of INVESTMENTS, money which has ALREADY been taxed at the higher income rate. Anyone, with enough financial savvy to play the market understands that with the right investments during a worker’s lifetime, he or she might be able to live comfortable on a good portion of the returns and thus be taxed at a lower income rate.
          I’m sure any profits from investments Mike made while he was livin’ large, were taxed at 13%. I know the investments my middle class fanny made darned sure were. How fair is it to tax income at 20% and then tax any of that already taxed money that someone chooses to invest AGAIN at 20%? Taxing dividends at the same rate as income would cause people to think twice about investing in company stocks, city bonds, etc.

A little research into our country’s financial history will help people understand what happens when we tax the hell out of earners rather than cut back the excess expenditures in our government budget.

7. Phineas says:

Please guys, less politics next week.

8. erik says:

Robb, the quotation from Shakespeare is “Thou art translated,” and, I believe it’s from “A Midsummer…”

Another great one which I think could be of use to use is my favorite from Macbeth: “Confusion hath made its masterpiece.” Use, for example, when Oscar butchers English or RJ says anything.

You are the best.

Erik

9. Tom Servo says:

I was really surprised by Robb’s astute political observations and Mike’s opening up about RJ. This was a fine episode!